Monday, July 24, 2006

The Top 10 Reasons I should be in any debate with Sodrel & Hill

10.) All three of us are on the ballot.
9.) Sodrel and Hill were willing to debate the former Libertarian candidate (a retired farmer)...why not the current Libertarian candidate (an economics professor)?
8.) I have spent more time thinking, writing, speaking, and teaching (20-plus years) on national public policy than my two opponents combined.
7.) How many people do you know who are really excited about either of my two opponents? How many people would welcome a credible alternative?
6.) The only polling data of which I'm aware: In the Dale Moss/Courier-Journal survey of 624 people, I received 12% of the vote as a write-in candidate (and that, before I was actively campaigning).
5.) I have written more books on public policy-- and more articles (academic and popular press)-- than my two opponents combined.
4.) I will have gone to at least as many county fairs (all 20) as my two opponents.
3.) I would talk about important issues that they don't understand or don't have the political courage to enunciate (e.g., Social Security reform, payroll taxes).
2.) I have a Ph.D. in economics and I wrote my dissertation about the congressional labor market.
1.) It'll be a lot more fun and exciting for the audience!